Powder Coat Technician - 1st and 2nd Shift
- Operate electrostatic powder spray gun and related equipment
- Apply uniform coatings to our mild steel parts and assemblies
- Protect quality by testing finishes & working with supervisor to address concerns
- Determine if a defective product should be rejected or if corrective action should be taken
- Operate the wash system and the cure/dry oven
- Aid in the maintenance and cleaning of the powder coating department
- Cross train in other production areas, as well as on a forklift
- Perform all other powder coating technician duties as needed
- Visually inspect parts to verify complete coating is achieved
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- 2+ years of experience as a powder coating technician - knowledgeable about powder coating ovens and wash systems
- High school diploma or GED is preferred
- Flexible schedule is required; this position requires shift work as well as some weekend work
- Candidate has to be a strong team player
- Candidate has to be reliable
- Able to work on feet all day and comfortably lift 75 lbs
ADDITIONAL SKILLS (PREFERRED)
- Knowledge of lifting techniques.
- Ability to lift heavy items.
- Besides a competitive wage, APX York Sheet Metal is pleased to offer health, dental and vision coverage as well as a 401K with contribution matching by the company.
*Please specify if you are applying to 1st or 2nd shift on application.
Please fill out application and email to email@example.com